Job: Chaplain PRN
Job Type: PRN, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. Collaborates with the Spiritual Care team to provide pastoral care services to patients and their family members. Responds to urgent situations, including but not limited to medical emergencies (Code Blue) or death(s) at the request of administrative coordinators, nurses, family, etc. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- One year in direct pastoral ministry, with demonstrated effectiveness.
- Experience in pastoral ministry preferred.
- For AdventHealth Hospitals, prefer member of Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Bachelor's degree in spiritual care, Arts or equivalent degree from accredited college required. Formal study in theology preferred.
- Master’s degree in spiritual care or equivalent degree from accredited seminary preferred. Formal study in theology preferred.
- Affiliation with religious congregation.
- 1 Units (quarters) of CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) or agree to CPO (Clinical Pastoral Orientation) onsite and enrolling in CPE within 6 months of hire. After one year of hire, an additonal 3 units of CPE's required. Board Certified by National Association for Catholic Chaplains or the Association of Professional Chaplains certification preferred.
- Driver's License required for Home Health and Hospice positions
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality. St. Thomas More Hospital, a 25-bed acute care facility, is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding southern Colorado communities. St. Thomas More offers 24-hour emergency and trauma services including inpatient acute care, intensive care unit, The Birth Center, diagnostic imaging, surgical services, rehabilitation services, sleep disorder center and a community blood bank. We’re proud to have a 5-star rating for joint replacement and be ranked among the top 15% in the nation for total joint replacement by Healthgrades (2008 to 2016). Our board-certified physicians specialize in emergency medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology services, general surgery, orthopedic surgery and osteopathic treatment. Associates of St. Thomas More enjoy the camaraderie of a close-knit community hospital, the relaxed feel of small town life and an affordable cost of living in a town rich in culture and historic architecture. Located about 50 miles from Colorado Springs at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and the mouth of the Royal Gorge, locals and visitors alike enjoy this area for some of the state’s best hiking, wildlife and river sports like rafting and fishing.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We’re committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package enriches the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence,
- Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability Life Insurance and Spouse Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role.
Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment health and drug screen and background check.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.