Job: Certified Fleet Mechanic
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Florence, CO.
- Communicate and make recommendations to the Director of Transportation, concerning the priority need of maintenance to be performed and the time parts needed to complete the task.
- Evaluate, repair and perform preventative maintenance on school district vehicles and equipment.
- Perform maintenance and safety inspection of the pupil transportation fleet in accordance with federal and state law, school district board policy and established procedure.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation record files on maintenance performed and parts used.
- Maintain current inventory on tools, parts, equipment, lubricants and other related items located in the school district bus garage.
- Promote good feelings and high morale within the School District by maintaining a positive relationship with employees
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with state law and school district board policy.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director
- Maintain safe and efficient working conditions in accordance with OSHA, school district board policy and established procedure.
- Perform “Active Call” as assigned by the Director of Transportation.
- Must have a CDL P2S Class B License or obtain when hired.
- Advanced experience and skill in the light and medium duty gas and diesel vehicle maintenance.
- Certified Fleet Mechanic credentials preferred.
- Knowledge and skill in the maintenance, operation and repair of air brake systems.
- Experience and skill in arc and gas welding.
- High school diploma or GED
- Have good communication skills
- Ability to accurately document and file records of all maintenance performed and parts used.
- Knowledge of safe working procedure in accordance with OSHA and school district policy.
- Meet the same qualifications as a substitute school bus driver.
- Must pass extensive background check
HOURS: 9 hours a day - 198 days a year
- Salary according to the Transportation Salary Schedule
- Benefits according to the Classified Handbook Leave days according to the Classified Handbook
Fremont RE-2 School District does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion or need for special education services, access to, treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. Additionally, a lack of English language skills is not a barrier to admission or participation in activities. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Brenda Krage, Superintendent, and EEO/Affirmative Action/Title IX/Section 504 Compliance Officer for complaints involving employees, and Jason Cellan, Title IX Compliance Officer for complaints involving students. Both individuals can be located at 403 W. 5th Street, Florence, Colorado, 81226. (719) 784-6312. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. (Policy AC, AC-R, AC-E-1, AC-E-2)
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.