Job: CCCAP Coordinator
Job type: Full time, Salaried
Location: Chaffee County, CO.
Conducts duties associated with determining eligibility for receipt of the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP). Interprets rules and regulations, as statutorily promulgated, inputs applications, redeterminations and other documents received in state prescribed computer system to determine and maintain eligibility for public assistance programs offered. Facilitates and/or coordinates the processes and procedures necessary to provide clients and child care providers with assistance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- Determines eligibility and conducts case management duties, in conjunction with the State prescribed computer system associated with the delivery services for the receipt of the CCCAP program.
- Conducts interviews and gathers information such as income, financial resources and household composition as necessary to determine eligibility for the CCCAP; assists clients in completing forms and obtaining the necessary documentation and reviews for accuracy.
- Assesses client needs and makes referrals to other agency and community services.
- Provides ongoing support and assistance with child care providers including but not limited to developing and maintain fiscal agreements, acting as a liaison between the client and provider, providing assistance with state prescribed attendance tracking system, and requesting manual payments when necessary
- Practices professional conflict resolution and de-escalation skills in an effort to minimize client escalations and resolve client issues and concerns.
- Verifies all information through computer data banks, pay stubs, contacts with employers and financial institutions, etc.
- Informs applicant/recipients and child care providers of rules and regulations and their rights and responsibilities for eligibility to receive assistance.
- Provides prompt and accurate answers to questions about CCCAP programs and other resources available through the state, the community or within the agency.
- Participates in relevant community boards, councils and groups to provide community engagement and promotion of the CCCAP program including, but not limited to the Chaffee County Early Childhood Council.
- Screens cases and clients for potential misuse of benefits or misreported/unreported information. May assist in investigating fraudulent activity.
- Verifies past and present eligibility for CCCAP programs.
- Determines if recipient received overpayment as a result of agency error, client error, intentional program violation or criminal fraud.
- Participates in team meetings, team activities, and ongoing professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in a Human Services Agency a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Entry Level: 2 years full time extensive public contact
Supervisor provides training and detailed rules, regulations, procedures, forms equipment and communication techniques. Work is closely reviewed for complete documentation and accurate eligibility decisions.
Journey Level: 3 years full time extensive public contact. One year must be at entry level in eligibility determination in a Department of SocialServices, with a successful or better Performance Evaluation. Instructions are received on Regulations and Policies with supervisory consultation available on the more difficult application of eligibility decisions. Selected cases are reviewed during the month for compliance to procedures, policies, completeness, accuracy and final decisions.
Senior Level: 4 years full time extensive public contact. 1 year must be at journey level Experience in a Department of Social Services with a successful or better Performance Evaluation. Work is performed independently. Decisions are reviewed for technical accuracy and to ensure timely case.
Substitution: A satisfactory completion of an Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Business, Behavioral Science or appropriately related field, may substitute for the required experience in extensive public contact, on a year for year basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of current computer technology and ability to use or learn a variety of application software programs.
- Knowledge of county policies and procedures, laws and legal processes related to human services programs and ability to perform analysis relative to these policies, procedures, laws and processes.
- Knowledge of community service resources, activities and purposes.
- Ability to effectively interview potential client.
- Ability to engage with child care providers
- Ability to engage in conceptual thinking and creative problem solving.
- Ability to work with relevant professional and community based organizations, federal, state, county and municipal agencies, private sector businesses and others.
SCOPE OF INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS: Relationships are with other agency units, clients and other county, state and federal agencies. Position requires a high level of interpersonal skills.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPEMNT USED: Telephone, computer, printer, copier, fax machine, calculator and other office equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is generally confined to a standard office environment. Noise level is generally moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Mobility: Stands 10% of the time, walks 40% of the time and sits 50% of the time.
- Maintains body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or running on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
- Bends body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, requiring full use ot the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bends legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
- Bends body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
- Reaches, extending hand(s) in any direction.
- Lifting: Exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Dexterity: Handles, seizes,holds, grasps, turns or otherwise works with hand or hands. Fingers, pick up, pinches or otherwise works primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm.
- Vision: The vision requirements for this position are as follows: Close vision (clear at inches or less) Distance vision (clear at feet or more) Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left or right whiles eyes are fixed at a given point) Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships) Ability to focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Communications: Individual must be able to clearly understand the English language and be understood while speaking the English language. Multilingual skills including Spanish are an asset.
Driving: Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.