Job: Billing Specialist II
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
HRRMC's Patient Financial Services Department has a full time Billing Specialist ll working 40 hrs/ week. The ideal canidate will have previous customer service experience in a hospital of Physician Office, and will have great attention to detail. This position is eligible for our outstanding benefits to include medical, dental and vision insurance, employer matching retirement plans, paid time off and much more.
$1000.00 SIGN ON BONUS
Services all unpaid insurance accounts, for both Hospital and Clinic accounts receivable, making contact with the various Insurance Carriers, to obtain required information for processing of the claims timely, accurately and completely. Adheres to all State, Federal and third party rules and regulations concerning billing for services.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE A minimum of three years related business and/or customer service experience, preferably in a hospital, medical or physician office.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS None required.
Essential Duties per area of responsibility:
1. Work any claims edits that Billing Specialist may need assistance with.
2. Process late charges/credits and submission of corrected claims.
3. Follow up on unpaid claims and open/ partially paid claims timely, utilizing various aging, denial, and contract variance reports to prevent avoidable write offs for untimely filing, no prior authorization, medical necessity and delayed patient billing. As a result of the accurate and timely follow up, AR aging will be as below: 0-60 61-90 91-120 >120 GOAL 60% 15% 10% 15% and overall Net AR days will be of 50 days or less.
4. Creates and submits timely appeals and/or reconsideration to insurance companies for proper and maximum payment.
5. Identifies and creates “Adjustment Request” when specific adjustments are to be taken on accounts and timely submits for approval,.
6. Performs other duties as assigned consistent with the above responsibilities.
VACCINATION EXEMPTIONS ACCEPTED
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a negative drug screen test*, criminal background check, reference checks, infection prevention procedures (proof of completed COVID19 vaccines, TB test, Flu Shot, immunization records, negative drug screen to including medical marijuana ), physical capacity profile and acknowledgement of policies
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.