Job: Accounting Specialist
Job type: Full time
Wage: $22-$28/hr. depending on experience
Location: Buena Vista, CO
The Accounting Specialist works with management and staff across all departments and facilities to prepare and perform transactions and financial reports. This person will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the finance team assisting with accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, and other duties as assigned.
- Banking - post receipts, credit card entries and account reconciliation.
- Accounts Receivable – invoicing, management, review of A/R Aging categories, coordinate collection efforts which includes making collection calls as necessary.
- Accounts Payable – responsible for vendor setup, maintenance, processing and scheduling bills for payment.
- Inventory – setup inventory items, build assemblies, bill of materials, matching of purchase orders, receiving and invoices for materials in inventory.
- Payroll – interface with HR for monthly payroll and new employee onboarding.
- Three to five years' experience in an accounting position (in a manufacturing setting preferred).
- Proficient in various software programs such as Sage Contractor 100, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft 365 Cloud based systems (Sharepoint, Onedrive, etc.)
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and graph generation.
- Legible handwriting and excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Ability to prioritize and receive direction from multiple people.
- Demonstrate professionalism with customers and co-workers in a consistent business-like manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Punctual and dependable.
- In-Person (this position cannot be performed remotely)
- This role requires signing a confidentiality agreement, intellectual property rights agreement, and non-disclosure agreement
- Background check results that meet Fading West’s standards
- Reference check that speaks to the positive character of the applicant
- May be required to regularly stand, sit, or walk for long periods of time, lift or carry more than 50 pounds, climb/balance on stairs or ladders, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Must be competent and comfortable in basic computer skills and navigating modern technology
Offered to all full-time employees (30+ hours/week)
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance 80% of monthly premiums paid by employer
- Choose between two plans: High deductible plan with employer contributed HSA Low deductible plan
- Direct Primary Care Medical Option
- Yearly health and physical fitness stipend of $250
- Discounted rate at the local gym
- 401(k) Retirement Plan 4% employer match starting
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vacation (total weeks per year)
- Personal days
- Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Eligible for company bonus plan (Based on company performance, to be determined)
Fading West rigorously adheres to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-201(1)
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.