Job: 6th-8th Grade Spanish Teacher
Job type: Full time
Location: Canon City
Benefits Include: Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, as well as other optional benefit elections. Preschool options available for employees with children. Longevity and professional development incentives. College reimbursements for staff attending college courses.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree or higher, Spanish major
- Current/valid Colorado Teaching License, Foreign Language Endorsement or ability to obtain
- Strong knowledge of foreign language curriculum and instructional strategies and techniques used today
- Previous classroom/field experience preferred
- Ability to create a positive learning environment for students
- Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records
- Good understanding of standards and various assessment activities in curriculum
- Ability to provide assessments and intervention for students with identified literacy concerns
- Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
- Must pass pre-employment physical Resiliency and flexibility in the face of change
- Ability to read, write in order to comply with directions and instructions to complete task and establish priorities
- Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively Coaching and/or sponsoring of extra-curricular activities preferred
Teachers are held to high expectations for their performance to ensure success of the individual and the District in serving students and the community. Teachers are held to the District’s Licensed Personnel Performance Evaluation System that consists of the State’s Quality Standards, elements, and performance indicators which point to fulfillment of the teaching responsibility. A teacher’s demonstrated effectiveness is based on the following standards:
- Quality Standard I: Teachers demonstrate mastery of and pedagogical expertise in the content they teach.
- Quality Standard II: Teachers establish a safe, inclusive and respectful learning environment for a diverse population of students.
- Quality Standard III: Teachers plan and deliver effective instruction and create an environment that facilitates learning for their students.
- Quality Standard IV: Teachers demonstrate professionalism through ethical conduct, reflection, and leadership.
TO APPLY: A district application must be completed online at https://www.applitrack.com/canon/onlineapp/default.aspx Anticipated Timeline for Screening could begin March 24th Open until filled. Applications must be complete and submitted to be considered.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.