Job: 6-8th Grade Math Teacher
Job type: Full time, Salaried
Location: Canon City, CO.
Benefits Include: Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, as well as other optional benefit elections. Preschool options available for employees with children. Longevity and professional development incentives. College reimbursements for staff attending college courses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Valid Colorado Teaching License with Secondary Mathematics endorsement or the ability to obtain
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- Ability to create a positive learning environment for students
- Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records
- Strength in varied instructional strategies in mathematics and awareness of computer application uses in curriculum
- Understanding of standards and various assessment applications
- Ability to provide assessments and intervention for students with performance concerns
- Ability to establish a strong rapport with students, parents, and staff
- Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
- Ability to work in collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate with multiple publics
- Resilience and flexibility in the face of change
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Ability to read, write in order to comply with directions and instructions to complete task and establish priorities.
- Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively.
Teachers are held to high expectations for their performance to ensure success of the individual and the District in serving students and the community. Teachers are held to the District’s Licensed Personnel Performance Evaluation System that consists of the State’s Quality Standards, elements, and performance indicators which point to fulfillment of the teaching responsibility. A teacher’s demonstrated effectiveness is based on the following standards:
- Quality Standard I: Teachers demonstrate mastery of and pedagogical expertise in the content they teach.
- Quality Standard II: Teachers establish a safe, inclusive and respectful learning environment for a diverse population of students.
- Quality Standard III: Teachers plan and deliver effective instruction and create an environment that facilitates learning for their students
- Quality Standard IV: Teachers demonstrate professionalism through ethical conduct, reflection, and leadership.
TO APPLY: A district application must be completed online at https://www.canoncityschools.org/departments/human-resources/employment .
Anticipated Timeline for Hiring: Screening will begin Monday, March 21, 2022. Open until filled. Applications must be complete and submitted to be considered.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.